A HOKA Senior Designer is someone who leads by example, designing innovative performance product that enables a world of athletes to fly over the earth. They mentor less experienced designers and are highly skilled in translating product briefs into compelling and commercial designs, all whilst working in an extremely collaborative and inclusive manner with the broader teams. The individual is proactive and committed to delivering appealing future-facing concepts that attract more eyes to the brand through their immersion in the target market and understanding of the potential wearers.
We celebrate diversity–of your background, your experiences and your unique identity. We are committed to ensuring an inclusive and equitable workplace where all of our employees can Come as They Are. We believe that when we bring our different perspectives to work, we are truly Better Together.
The primary functions of this role, include but are not limited to:
- 1. Design compelling technical performance product that adheres to brand guidelines and answers consumer needs.
- 2. Develop and create illustrations and tech packs for new design concepts using Illustrator, detailing concept, materials, and development specifications based on HOKA brand design guidelines.
- 3. Works with the design leadership to implement brand vision, design language and product direction.
- 4. Manage and drive multiple design projects from conceptualization to finished product, adhering to calendar deadlines.
- 5.Collaborate closely with the development and PLM team to design products to meet product briefs at the target cost
Who You Are
- Collaborative curious and a good communicator, works well across functions of the brand to bring new solutions to the table.
- Being innovative with great technical skills and think outside the box.
- Passionate about product.
- A self-starter, someone who is driven to have a positive impact on the brand
We’d love to hear from people with
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial design, footwear design, product design or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years related performance footwear design experience
- 1+ years people management experience
What We’ll Give You
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses – We’ve created a variety of competitive compensation programs to foster career development, reward success and to show our employees just how much they’re valued.
- Financial Planning and wellbeing – No matter what financial goals our employees have set, we want to help them get there. Our plans provide powerful ways to protect income, pay for expenses and invest in the future.
- Time away from work – Sometimes we need time away to be with family, focus on our health or just simply recharge. Our plans support our employees’ needs to get out, get healthy and come back stronger than ever.
- Extras, discounts and perks – Being a valued member of the Deckers Brands team means more than just a paycheck. From generous discounts to community-based programs, we offer a variety of cool extras
- Growth and Development – Deckers Brands was built on the idea of pursuing passion. That’s why we offer extensive opportunities and support for personal and professional development.
- Health and Wellness – There’s nothing basic about our comprehensive health and wellness programs and offerings. While at work and at play, we aim to support a healthy lifestyle.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Diversity and inclusion are key to our success. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds who share a passion for our brands. We welcome qualified applicants regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, military or veteran status, mental or physical disability, medical condition and all of the other beautiful parts of your identity.