Waterjet Operator 13 August 2019
Job Title: Waterjet Operator
Reports To: Production Management Staff
Job Status: Non-Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: As the Waterjet Operator you are responsible for the set up and operation of the waterjet machine to make product assigned to you by the Production Management staff. Duties will also include digital creation of files to be cut from drawings provided by mechanical fabrication department.
KEY or ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
The essential functions of the position include but are not limited to the following:
• Lifting material and placing it on the waterjet using Forklift.
• Current Forklift certificate not mandatory, but must pass forklift certification test upon hiring.
• Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs.
• Knowledge in use of precision measuring instruments and the application of such instruments. Instruments should include but not limited to calipers, ID and OD micrometers, indicators and scales.
• Studies and interprets drawings, manuals, specifications or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished products, sequence of operations and set up requirements.
• Detects equipment malfunctions or out of tolerance machining and adjusts machine, within capabilities, controls or control media as required to insure quality of productions. Reports all machine malfunctions to Management.
• Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment.
• Communicates all production related items to next shift Water Jet operator or shift supervisors.
• Completes all required safety procedures prior to and during operations.
• Knowledge and use of Intelli-MAX software suite desirable (current operational program).
• Knowledge of OMAX Maxiem Waterjet hardware and equipment desirable
• Knowledge and proficiency in CAD design software optional but beneficial.
• Primary auxiliary applications in use include AutoCAD, Inventor & Fusion.
• May perform other duties as assigned by management.
This job posting is for a day shift position 8:00AM to 5:00PM Monday-Friday.
Apply Via Email