Video Project Manager 28 June 2019
Hi there! We’re looking for a project manager to help us work more efficiently and manage our growing workload. Softbox Films is a video production agency (currently a three-person operation, you would be number four). We produce a mixture of live-action and animated content for a wide range of clients. A lot of our work is in the non-profit, public-sector, and progressive political worlds, but we have some corporate clients too.
Most of the time we’re handling the entire production chain in-house: concept development, script writing, casting, production, post, graphics, finishing, et al. So a solid understanding of video and/or animation production would be a big plus.
Much of our work is done through agencies or for companies that have large project management staff in place, whereas we do not. We’re looking for someone with a high level of organizational and client services expertise who can work with us to develop and implement a set of best practices that will allow us to continue to grow along with our clients.
A team of passionate film and creative professionals who have been working together in Portland since 2009.
- Friendly and outgoing
- A self-starter
- Organized and focused
- Familiarity with film and video production processes
- Experience managing projects in an agency/creative team setting
- Strong written and in-person communication skills
- 3-5 years experience in an agency environment, ideally with video production experience.
- Manage and schedule a variety of video and creative projects from start to finish. These include documentary, narrative and animated projects.
- Coordinate with the client and internal teams to schedule all necessary reviews, discussions, meetings, etc. Make sure work is finished on schedule and matches project specifications.
- Guide projects from pitch to completion by facilitating team productivity, managing client expectations, providing a layer of communication between teams and stakeholders, and ensuring quality control.
- Oversee the various production stages, including all vendor and client relationships; managing to a predetermined production budget.
- Help to develop and coordinate account management best practices company-wide
While our primary need is for a project manager, because we’re so small, this position has the potential to grow into much more. Any additional proficiencies in client management, business development, or producing would be a big plus, and likely be put to use.
All three of us are doing something we want to be doing, and we try to have a good time doing it. Our (cool new) studio is a comfortable and relaxed environment in industrial NW Portland.
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary, DOE
- 3 weeks paid vacation plus paid holidays
- 1 week of paid sick leave
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible schedule and remote work opportunities
Apply Via Email