Sr. Visual Designer 12 April 2019
Smith+Crown is a research group focused on the revolutionary technologies in the emerging field of cryptofinance and cryptoeconomics. Blockchain technology has the potential to disrupt and reshape nearly all industries, organizations and activities. The cultural, economic, and societal implications of these technologies will be significant and our mission is to enable and empower individuals and organizations with research, data, and insights across the industry and globe.
As a part of Smith+Crown Design, you’ll be joining an industry leading design team that has created exceptional experiences, products, platforms, and new brands for both startups and Fortune 500 companies. Bright Iron Group, a New York based design firm, enthusiastically joined forces with S+C in January of 2019. We are a nimble and experienced team, looking to push into the absolute frontier of design and do our part to have a positive influence on the look and feel of the future.
SR. VISUAL DESIGNER
Our visual designers work collaboratively as part of a multi-talented, cross-functional team to develop graphic design solutions across a wide range of experiences, products, and platforms. A successful candidate will be able to manage time effectively across multiple initiatives as a part of several independent team units, and must have a strong sense of typography, layout, color, composition, and branding.
We are looking for team members that can own and grow their role as designers not just for our clients and partners, but also for our own internal projects and product launches. Our people are enthusiastic about forging paths and solving problems within emerging business models that are entirely new. Our project parameters are never simple, and they are certainly never boring.
- Design new pages, features, and functionality for both our website and intelligence platform as our offering expands and matures
- S+C brand development and expression
- Design beautiful and legible charts, graphs, infographics, and reports both for Advisory client partners and for Smith + Crown publications
- Assist with marketing and promotion for S+C publications, and our go-to-market strategy for our new intelligence platform (and future product releases)
- Lead both product design and branding initiatives for new companies and concepts in both the blockchain and traditional startup spaces for our Advisory client partners
- Document and communicate graphic design concepts and strategies, for projects across various industry landscapes, through independent research
- Keep abreast of existing best practices and emerging design industry trends
- Assist team members during the strategy, experience design, interaction design, and product development phases
- Create concepts from scratch or based on existing wireframe designs
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Proficiency in Sketch
- Proficiency in Keynote and PowerPoint
- Ability to visualize and communicate data, relationships, and design concepts
- Familiarity with Experience Design (XD) and Interaction Design (IXD) principles, methodologies, and deliverables
- Ability to identify, standardize, and codify style and brand guidelines
- Ability to learn quickly (and enthusiastically!)
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to self-motivate
- Relentless attention to detail
- Passion for designing interfaces
- Elegantly handle tight deadlines
- Ability to work across multiple projects simultaneously
Differentiators (not necessary, but preferred):
- Experience visualizing research data (science, engineering, or financial)
- Illustration experience
- Presentation Design experience
- Art Direction experience
- Animation experience
- Front End Development and Data Experience (HTML, CSS, JS, Python)
- Experience graphing in R
- 3d Modeling (for 3d printing products and prototypes)
- Agency experience
- Published/launched brand concepts
- Video / broadcast experience
- Sound Design Experience
- Interest in cryptofinance and emerging blockchain startups
- Experience traveling internationally and interest in diverse cultures
- Familiarity with Service Design
- Startup / entrepreneurial experience
If sounds like you, please send us your resume, any work samples, and cover letter or introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. The sooner the better.
Note: We are a young, hungry, and fast-growing company. We move quickly, work hard, play hard, and are looking for members of our team that want to participate in the engineering of a great organization. This is not a 9-5, however we can promise that there are few places with more opportunities for growth or where you will be challenged to learn in more meaningful and exciting ways.
Apply Via Email