SR. DESIGNER 8 October 2018
We’re looking for a kick-ass Senior Designer who is interested in joining a diverse team, working on great projects, building a brand and growing with us. Is that you?
Our work is multi-disciplinary. On any given project you may be required to tackle brand strategy, ad campaigns, retail environments, consumer events, digital and social media, product launches, video concepting and more. Every day’s an adventure. You should understand these mediums and how they interact. You’ll be working with teams of various disciplines, and must thrive on the energy and flow of a fast-forward work environment, while being able to act as a creative lead on projects, mentor younger designers, assign tasks, etc.
As a Senior Designer you will be asked to lead projects, working closely with the Associate Creative Director and other creative team members. You’ll be responsible for translating the project brief into understandable, desirable and innovative solutions that surpass expectations and are on-brief and on-budget. At Happylucky we expect our designers to be creative, innovative and conceptual problem-solvers with a diverse set of skills who help bring concepts to life, often in unexpected ways. This includes, but is not limited to, art direction, typography, layout design, guiding/mentoring junior designers, brand strategy and positioning and social media strategy. This position requires that you, at times, lead teams as well as deliver highly conceptual work across diverse mediums, employing a rich knowledge of current industry, technology and cultural trends.
Some travel may be required.
- Generate innovative concepts that translate to multiple mediums, including brand campaigns, photography, video, retail, graphics, advertising, events, and digital and social media.
- Use a collaborative skill set to work within our creative team (Creative Director, Copywriter, Art Director and/or other Designers).
- Collaborate with other disciplines (photographers, illustrators, film and video, etc.) and help them bring concepts to reality.
- Give clear feedback to both internal and external creative teams, with thoughtful solutions/recommendations.
- Work cross-culturally and think on a global scale.
- Show exceptional listening and communicating skills. Must be able to communicate concepts and rationale to the team and/or client. Must feel comfortable selling your work.
- Foster a respectful, open and inspiring work environment within the agency, through thoughtful, honest and clear communication.
- Concept and create the work (including presentations). This is a hands-on design position.
- Be flexible and responsive to feedback (internal or external), and approach changes with a positive attitude that feedback can make a concept/design better.
- Have experience art-directing photo/video/live-event productions, doing image selects, looking at and marking up proofs for color correction, overseeing video edits, etc.
- Bring your passion for life (e.g., art, travel, music, nature, etc.) to your creative thinking and solutions.
Specific Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in design or fine arts, or comparable experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in a design studio, or an agency background.
- Ability to work on multiple jobs simultaneously and be comfortable with a changing daily workflow.
- A portfolio that represents a diversity of projects: retail, OOH/large-scale environmental graphics, digital (no coding necessary), event graphics.
- Deep knowledge of technical production processes, technologies and design.
- Ability to quickly digest and apply brand style and guidelines.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software, including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint.
- Bonus points for working knowledge of SketchUp, Premiere Pro or After Effects.
- Must be able to work from our SE Portland office.
If this sounds like a good fit, we would love to hear from you.
- Close-in SE Portland office
- High-profile, creative projects
- International travel (when necessary)
- Team of incredible people (smart and fun)
- Casual environment (dress and attitude)
- Competitive salary
- Benefits package with 401(k), health care, PTO and profit sharing
- Opportunity to grow and be inspired
Apply Via Email