Retail Display Design Engineer 28 January 2019
Forge Graphic Works is a group of highly skilled, creative thinkers who design and produce retail graphics and consumer experiences. We do work for big brands and small companies alike, specializing in designing and printing large retail campaigns, event graphics, retail displays and other marketing programs. We work hard but have fun designing and producing really cool stuff.
As a display design engineer, you will collaborate with our internal project managers, production managers and external vendor partners to resolve design/manufacturing issues and develop the most cost-effective solutions.
In conjunction with our Creative Director and Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for converting retail display design concepts into functional engineered solutions for production and estimating of temporary, semi-temporary and permanent retail displays.
As we work across many mediums and industries for our clients, this is a position for someone who enjoys a challenge that varies from day to day and wants to grow within a fun, creative and growing business.
- Utilize your engineering background to create innovative solutions to design challenges
- Develop detailed drawings for production including bills of materials, manage all engineering documentation
- Generate renderings for client presentations.
- Recommendations for both internal and external manufacturing processes, techniques, and technology, recommend external vendor partners where appropriate.
- Recommendations for material alternatives and their advantages + costs
- Prioritize and manage project deadlines and communicate project status to all relevant stakeholders
- 2-5 years Retail display design and engineering experience or the equivalent (interiors, trade shows, product)
- Proficiency in Rhino, Solidworks, Autodesk, Sketchup or similar Cad / 3D rendering / modeling program.
- Functional knowledge of Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Knowledge / experience with the following materials and processes:
- Creating dielines for temporary P.O.P. displays or packaging projects using cardstock, corrugated, or paper materials
- Wood, sheet metal, & welding
- Plastics fabrication including bending / welding of sheet goods, vacuum forming and injection molding
- Understanding of methods and techniques of dimension and tolerance
- Demonstrated hands-on ability to help build and prepare initial display prototypes
- Innovative thinker and problem solver with ability to juggle concurrent projects on tight deadlines
- Self-motivated w/ excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fun, creative and casual work environment
- Substantial benefits package (medical, dental, vision + 401k w/employer match)
- High standards of quality and creativity
- A tight-knit, strong team of employees
- High profile projects
Apply Via Email
Apply Via Web