Production Graphic Designer – Freelance 25 February 2019
About the Company
Cascade Energy, founded in 1993, specializes in industrial energy efficiency. Our work reaches throughout the Pacific Northwest and across North America, with clients ranging in size from small up to Fortune 500 companies. We are proud of our reputation for stellar, high quality work. We foster and value a culture of equals, initiative, and ownership. Contribution in all areas is encouraged. Cascade has offices in Portland, OR; Eugene, OR; Issaquah, WA; Walla Walla, WA; Pleasant Grove, UT; Meridian, ID; Park Ridge, IL; Pleasanton, CA; and San Diego, CA.
At Cascade Energy, we believe in better. We come to work every day with a drive for continuous improvement and we dedicate ourselves to making industrial energy efficiency happen in smart, measurable, and sustained ways. We are always thinking about new ways to make things happen and achieve results. We offer energy efficiency program design and implementation, energy efficiency engineering, energy management services and software, and hands-on training and coaching.
About the Freelance Opportunity
Cascade Energy is seeking a Production Graphic Designer, with knowledge and experience in creating multi-page print projects, sales collateral, educational materials, internal communications, PowerPoint presentations, technical illustrations, and web graphics.
The Production Graphic Designer will take direction from our Creative Director to assist on projects using the standards and guidelines of our established brand identity.
Typical project assignment will include:
- Brochures and sales sheets – Using Adobe InDesign, flow copy into pre-established design templates, apply master pages and typographic styles, add graphics and photos, manage linked files, create press-ready PDF files, and create print and web-ready PDFs.
- Charts graphs, infographics – Using PowerPoint smart art and tables, simplify and style Excel graphs for color and typographic consistency.
- Diagrams – Using Adobe Illustrator, create diagrams to explain complex energy savings topics.
- Presentations – Using PowerPoint, assist content creators in building presentations for sales, training and internal communications. These typically require a fast turnaround with short notice.
- Web – Using WordPress and Adobe Lightroom, create new pages, update existing content, and create new visuals.
- Misc. print projects – Using Adobe and Microsoft design templates, create a variety of communications including reports, event banners and other forms of collateral.
- Asset management – Clean up and organize project files, archive and backup completed projects, manage library of design assets.
A successful freelance partner will adhere to Cascade’s established brand identity, follow creative direction and guidelines set by the content creators, work within stated budgets and hours, and established timelines.
What we’re looking for:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Lightroom) and MS Office (specifically PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of building and delivering press-ready files for multi-page documents
- Passion for typography and information design, and other fundamental visual design disciplines (iconography, color, composition, layout)
- Skilled in photo retouching using Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
- Experience with translating technical documents into attractive, easy-to-read formats
- Fierce work ethic, and customer service approach towards both internal teams and external clients, vendors, and other stakeholders
- Flexible and able to efficiently organize, prioritize, and plan work tasks to meet assigned goals
You likely have a bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communication design, or a related field. This is not required; your awesome design portfolio and resume will show us your design chops.
Apply Via Email