Marketing and Design Intern 10 February 2020
In Fall 2020, Portland Parks & Recreation Urban Forestry will give away 1200 free trees for planting in yards to increase tree canopy, shade, clean air, and habitat. The Marketing and Design Intern will help market the Yard Tree Giveaway program, with a focus on reaching East Portland communities. This position will help sell the importance of planting trees and translate technical information into easy-to-understand formats with visual appeal. No tree knowledge is needed!
Duties will include the following:
- Work with our team to create messaging for the promotion of tree giveaways and the planting of native, evergreen, and large trees
- Create and manage an outreach strategy that reaches East Portland residents, communities of color, and historically underserved communities
- Create outreach materials including social media posts, direct mail, tabling materials, and others
- Create visually appealing and easy-to-understand participant packets
- Update event signage
- Produce an instructional video on how to plant a tree
- Work schedule is flexible. Position is approximately 20 hours per week between the hours of 7am-3:30pm Monday – Friday.
- Position start date is March 2020 and runs about 6 months.
- Starting pay rate is $17.50/hour.
- Work site is 10910 N. Denver Ave., Portland, OR 97217.
Please state in your resume if you have the following desired qualifications (Please note, these are not required but will be helpful):
- A college or graduate degree (or one in progress – minimum junior year) in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or related field
- Command of Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiar with MS Office products, especially Word and PowerPoint
- Creative problem solver – able to design, develop, and iterate ideas
- Attention to detail – able to manage and track requests and changes to projects
- Self-motivated – able to take responsibility and undertake tasks with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken
- Has a portfolio showcasing process, production, and presentation
Apply Via Email
Apply Via Web