The Photographer serves as the visual storyteller and chronicler of personalities, newsworthy events and important business transactions through photography, video and other visual mediums. The ideal candidate is an experienced news photographer who delivers balanced, well-composed, layered photographs and pushes his/herself to take photographic risks.
- Consistently provide visual content with the highest production values making full use of demonstrated knowledge of digital media.
- Provide top-quality and compelling ideas, images and video week-in and week-out. The ideal candidate is not an order taker, but a key contributor in the creative process and as such needs to suggest ways to visually enhance both our digital and print products every day.
- Lead, collaborate and participate weekly with the editorial team to story-board visual elements in our current news gathering process.
- Must be inherently organized, accessible and reliable for quick and friendly communication in short time frames.
- Demonstrate command of current social media platforms and be active on social media in your role as the newspaper’s chief visual storyteller.
- Be aggressive in scheduling assignments as early as possible while remaining flexible and eager to react to developing news stories
- Be personable and engaged in communicating with people involved in assignments to gain their confidence and their cooperation in attaining the most compelling images and/or video
- Perform all tasks in a timely manner and check work before presenting it to make sure it is submitted error-free.
- Take on other duties assigned by supervisor as needed
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Four years of experience in professional photojournalism or equivalent.
- Excellence in digital photography with emphasis on settings, light, exposure, flash, and composition – and the unexpected
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop, Bridge and color-correcting processes
- Basic video/audio production and editing skills
- Smartphone, PC and tablet savvy
- Social media active with a regular presence on Facebook, Twitter, Linked In and Instagram foremost.
This Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable city, state or federal law. Appropriate CDC guidelines are being followed for the protection of our employees and customers.