Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
Who we’re looking forAs the coach of the design team, you drive the overall design direction and strategy for the work. Having perfected your craft, you’re a source of inspiration to all your designers and lead your team through the creative and product design process. You have the trust of your product partners, working with them to inform roadmaps and new initiatives. As a leader, you know how to inspire your team, while also nurturing their career development and personal growth.
Who you’ll work withThe Consumer Tools Team is driving the transformation of our digital marketing capabilities that power Nike’s personalized consumer-anywhere experiences at scale.
We’re responsible for the product design and design system for Nike’s plan-to-activation storytelling platform used by our marketing and operations teammates — obsessing efficient workflows with data, insights and automation. As a key member of this team, you’ll report into the Sr Director of Consumer Tools within Nike Digital Product Design.
What your responsibilities will be
- Managing a large, well-rounded team across multiple, broad initiatives
- Defining and prioritizing the problems being tackled, approach to initiatives and coordinating the efforts of your design team and the broader organization
- Overseeing the overall product execution, culture, process and results of your product areas and the Nike Digital Product Design org
- Driving the creation of objectives and key results and defining resourcing plans — assessing needs, making changes accordingly and advocating for headcount
- Leading your team to consistently demonstrate impact on company-level objectives and key results and improving quality across the design discipline
- Setting the career development strategy, cadence and template for managers and designers
- Empowering your team to own their area’s strategies based on the organization’s vision
- Sourcing, attracting and retaining diverse key and senior talent — proactively building hiring pipelines and seeking and attracting the best candidates
- Evangelizing the Nike brand and Nike Digital Design culture externally as an active member of the design community
- Identifying, owning and successfully driving substantial and challenging organization-wide initiatives that materially improve the caliber and efficiency of Nike Digital Product Design
What you bring to Nike
- A bachelor’s degree or any combination of education, training and experience in design, UX/UI design, human-computer interaction or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience and training
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the design industry
- Experience managing and growing careers for designers
- Can shape the look and feel of an experience based on your vision and taste
- Works enthusiastically and collaboratively with cross-functional partners, building trusting relationships
- Impeccable attention to detail in all aspects of your team’s work
- Can identify great design and provide meaningful critiques of discrepancies/opportunities in the team’s work
- Ability to drive initiatives that substantially increase the team’s impact, influencing decisions and pursuing big ideas
- Able to clearly articulate vision and strategy to leadership
- Big picture thinking that defines and drives toward a bold future vision for your teams, users and the business
- Have successfully managed and launched large scale cross-platform design projects (enterprise tools, web, emails and more)
- Exceptional storytelling and communications skills — able to distill your work into narratives that motivate and influence cross functional/cross org teams
- Ability to foster a culture that supports and encourages diversity and inclusion
- Passion for the Nike brand, sports and for creating high-quality work
- A fascination with innovation and technology and an expert understanding of digital tools and trends
This role is open to work in Beaverton, OR, New York City, NY, or San Francisco, CA.
For employees based in NYC and Westchester County, NY, this position has an annual base salary range of $193,500 – $321,000.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.