What do you say when you discover an insight, some clarity that puts a smile on your face and suddenly brings everything into focus?
“Aha, of course!”
Here at AHA, we are writers, designers and all manner of creatives with a deep appreciation for the power and joy of clarity that delivers those “aha” moments. Since 1994, we have consistently delivered these gems that help our clients engage and inspire audiences.
AHA is looking for a project manager with experience working on complex creative marketing projects. Ours is a highly collaborative environment with processes and leadership in place to support the success of the team. You’ll work alongside seriously smart thinkers and fearless creatives who believe that telling great stories can change the world.
As part of the team, you will work closely with account and creative directors to nurture and grow client relationships while collaborating with internal teams and clients to ensure on-time development and delivery of client projects.
- Develop project scopes, budgets, and timelines involving all relevant stakeholders
- Manage and monitor changes in scope, prioritization, schedules and costs across sometimes complex, multimedia projects
- Acts as main point of contact for clients in partnership with Account Director.
- Set up and maintain projects within the agency’s project management tool, Workamajig and Basecamp
- Manage client contracts, PO’s and relevant project billing
- Communicate with the team, delegate tasks and interface with the client
- Ensure continued resource availability and allocation throughout projects
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties and vendors, integrating their use with internal resources
- Highlight potential risks or problems and act proactively to resolve issues
- Report project status and escalate issues to management as needed
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Seek opportunities for improvement and suggest innovative approaches
- 5+ years of relevant or comparable experience in one or both of the following strongly preferred: direct client contact within an agency or internal marketing environment; a solid understanding of creative process, roles and responsibilities
- Organizational, time management, scheduling expertise
- Knowledge of digital and print production. Video knowledge is a plus.
- Understanding of project management best practices
- Strong computer skills and experience using project management software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with large, complex, multi-stage projects
- Ability to think critically and develop creative solutions
Our team has worked from home since the beginning of the pandemic, and AHA will continue to support a hybrid work-from-home culture. Once COVID restrictions ease, there will be instances where this role will need to meet in our physical office in Vancouver, Washington. We are looking for candidates who reside in Oregon or Washington.
$60,000 – $70,000
AHA offers a competitive benefits package, including employer-paid health care coverage, Simple IRA with employer match and a generous time-off package. Our Talent and Culture team takes care of AHAians in surprising ways each month. We’ll make sure you have the right tech and tools for the job, along with tasty snacks and virtual opportunities to connect and celebrate with co-workers.
A bit about us.
AHA is an independent, women-owned creative agency based in the Pacific Northwest. Our roots are in journalism and story-telling, and these days we are also known for award-winning design, groundbreaking editorial content and videos that bring superheroes to life. Our dedication to the power of narrative is the foundation for our expertise in B2B marketing, content strategy, employee engagement and corporate responsibility communications.
Our unique approach to compelling audiences is backed by 25 years of success working with global leaders including Charles Schwab, Johnson & Johnson, Nike, HP, Chase, lululemon, VMware and many more.