Why The Standard
At The Standard, you’ll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We’re looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and driven by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let’s work together.
The Standard is looking for a copywriter to create or revise compelling promotional copy for external communications to our target audiences. Role will also be responsible for internally reviewing communications standards to ensure writing is accurate, follows best practices and reinforces and protects The Standard’s brand tone and voice.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work independently, or as part of a team to write compelling promotional copy for sales communications and marketing materials. Analyze product and service features, define copy requirements and develop marketing and sales promotion materials, web site content, including video, and other key communications to external customers.
- Review communications materials for messaging and product accuracy, application of best practices and brand alignment. Proofread communications. Enhance the company image and contribute to developing and protecting its brand.
- Partner with assigned designer to deliver impactful communications that drive business. Participate in spec work to solve unaddressed business opportunities with creative solutions.
- Deepen the writing skills of the department and embedded marketers by participating, creating and facilitating educational materials.
Skills & Attributes of a Successful Candidate
- Curiosity: Regularly looking to increase knowledge on industry, company and discipline, and applying knowledge to problem solve.
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Actively participates in meetings and collaborations by providing input, expressing opinions, and offering solutions.
- Accountability & Initiative: Ability to complete tasks and projects with little or no guidance. Assumes responsibility for achieving goals; tracks key results and processes to assess success, identifying improvements and taking corrective action when necessary.
- Interpersonal Sensitivity & Professionalism: Demonstrates high degrees of professionalism and diplomacy in dealing with diverse groups of people, including creative team, Marketing, and stakeholders.
- Problem Solving: Anticipates, recognizes, and clearly defines problems using various techniques to systematically analyze, weigh alternatives and propose solutions.
- Creativity & Critical Thinking: Helps design best practice procedures and shares knowledge with others in work team. Always seeking ways in which the customer experience could be enhanced.
- Collaboration: Establishes and grows working relationships; seeks out and encourages diverse ideas from others.
- Planning & Organizing: Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Advertising, Marketing, Writing or English
- Experience: 4+ years progressively more responsibility in copywriting for print, digital and video
What You’ll Get From Us
- Strong, competitive compensation and benefits package.
- A caring culture invested in the personal & professional growth and development of each team member.
- Every day, we show up with a drive to act with compassion, deepen trust and inspire success.
- Giving back is part of our DNA. We work with employees to find ways to make a difference and support our communities through corporate giving and grants.