WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 15 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, GigMasters, The Bump, How They Asked, Lasting, and more) inspire, inform, and celebrate our communities as they move through life’s milestones. From the proposal to creating a home, and starting a family together, we’re there for every step of the journey. Our couples and business partners depend on us. They’re all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Knot Worldwide (TKWW) is looking for an Assistant Production Designer to contribute to our online wedding stationery collection. Our Assistant Production Designer will aide in building out Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign print files, plus create merchandising images from provided templates, and website production to get the designs live online. Additionally, this role entails some print design work, involving taking an existing wedding invitation style and applying those design elements to additional stationery items such as programs, labels, postcards and more. We are looking for individuals who are very detailed oriented, thrive in a fast pace, have a strong visual eye and impeccable design detail, excellent typography skills, and a background in writing.
This position will be based in Portland, OR.
- Accountable for maintaining an organized workflow and file management via organization & provided naming conventions
- Responsible for maintaining a dialogue with the team about workflow, expectations & progress
- Responsible for building out all design production files needed including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Responsible for writing creative copy that describes our stationery product with smart usage of SEO keywords
- Responsible for adding products to our Drupal website; includes writing copy, creating and uploading merch images, and light coding
- Responsible for designing matching stationery items (approximately 15-20 products) in the branded style of an existing invitation and the production associated with those designs.
SUCCESSFUL ASSISTANT PRODUCTION DESIGNER CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Advanced knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop & InDesign with experience in graphic design for print materials
- Excellent typography skills & graphic design experience – experience with stationery is a plus
- Copywriting experience
- Light coding experience/familiarity with JSON
- Basic knowledge and experience with CSS & HTML
- Strong commitment to timelines, accuracy, and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy, and enthusiasm
- Familiarity with keyword placement and other SEO best practices a plus
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume and invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, and apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW and make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You deeply understand our users and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day.
- You are respectful and act with the highest integrity.
- You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions.
- You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
- You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
- You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience and we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation and generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness and giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all else—in and out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that you’ve read the California Privacy Notice.