What do you say when you discover an insight, some clarity that puts a smile on your face and suddenly brings everything into focus?
“Aha, of course!”
Here at AHA, we are writers, designers and all manner of creatives with a deep appreciation for the power and joy of clarity that delivers those “aha” moments. Since 1994, we have consistently delivered these gems that help our clients engage and inspire audiences.
Are you a versatile designer who crafts your way through ambiguity, keeping your eye on the golden temple of clarity off in the distance while creating a path others can follow through the jungle?
Then AHA wants to hear from you!
AHA is looking for a versatile art director who can:
- Think creatively and conceptually. We are only as good as our ideas.
- Work in close collaboration with writers and a broader team. Articulate and defend decisions. Take direction gracefully.
- Be original but also sometimes work within existing templates or approaches.
- Deftly and thoughtfully handle a wide range of deliverables, including campaign materials, video storyboards, web graphics, high-end direct mail pieces, photo editing, front-end web design, sales collateral, long-form guides and white papers, infographics and data visualization, strategy presentations and brand guidelines
- Roll up sleeves and do production-level work when needed.
- Review other’s work and provide specific, constructive suggestions.
- Present work. Everybody at AHA is client facing. We share credit and glory.
- Anticipate project needs and proactively design for them. Develop expert knowledge of clients to help inform project opportunities and nurture client relationships.
- A self-starter, who demonstrates follow through from project initiation to final deliverable
- 5+ years of experience as Art Director, directing and designing for clients or as part of an internal marketing team
- Professional portfolio
- Must be proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Google Slides with a working knowledge of PowerPoint and Sketch
- Video, animation and illustration skills a plus
What’s it like to work here? We believe in putting people first. In co-creation. In collaboration with each other and with clients. We believe that telling great stories can change the world.
Our team has worked from home since the beginning of the pandemic, and AHA will continue to support a hybrid work-from-home culture. Once COVID restrictions ease, there will be instances where this role will need to meet in our physical office in Vancouver, Washington. We are looking for candidates who reside in Oregon or Washington.
$65,000 – $75,000
AHA offers a competitive benefits package, including employer-paid health care coverage, Simple IRA with employer match and a generous time-off package. Our Talent and Culture team takes care of AHAians in surprising ways each month. We’ll make sure you have the right tech and tools for the job, along with tasty snacks and virtual opportunities to connect and celebrate with co-workers.
A bit about us.
AHA is an independent, women-owned creative agency based in the Pacific Northwest. Our roots are in journalism and story-telling, and these days we are also known for award-winning design, groundbreaking editorial content and videos that bring superheroes to life. Our dedication to the power of narrative is the foundation for our expertise in B2B marketing, content strategy, employee engagement and corporate responsibility communications.
Our unique approach to compelling audiences is backed by 25 years of success working with global leaders including Charles Schwab, Johnson & Johnson, Nike, HP, Chase, lululemon, VMware and many more.