Freelance Graphic Designer 9 January 2019
About the Freelance Opportunity
Cascade Energy is seeking an experienced Freelance Graphic Designer, available to take on a variety of projects, and craft in a mix of mediums. The Graphic Designer will take direction from our Creative Director, to collaborate on projects including sales collateral, educational materials, advertising, presentation assets, internal communications, and more. The Freelance Graphic Designer will work within the standards and guidelines of our established brand identity to create compelling new images and materials that cohesively and dynamically tell Cascade’s story and communicate our unique capabilities.
We’re looking for experienced design talent, available to take on project work on a freelance basis. A typical project assignment will include:
- Design and produce production-ready files for a variety of print projects including presentations, marketing campaigns, infographics, brochures, reports, event banners and other forms of collateral.
- Utilize our template design and format for PowerPoint presentations (yes, we use .ppt!) and Word-based proposals.
- Contribute to our web presence by translating our graphic design style into compelling, functional web content for our marketing and product sites.
A successful freelance partner will adeptly manage projects within stated budgets and hours, proactively communicate with the Creative Director on project details and requirements, and stay within established timelines. In other words, you possess strong time-management skills!
We’ll know you’re a seasoned pro if you have mastered the following:
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign and Lightroom),
MS Office (specifically PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of web design and CSS (creating graphics and page layout for WordPress sites)
- Knowledge of building and delivering press-ready files, and providing press check services as needed
- Mastery of fundamental visual design disciplines (typography, iconography, color, composition, layout)
- Mid-level skills in photography and videography helpful
- Experience with translating technical documents into attractive, easy-to-read formats
- Effective problem solver
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail, strong work ethic, and customer service approach towards both internal teams and external clients, vendors, and other stakeholders
- Flexible and able to efficiently organize, prioritize, and plan work tasks to meet assigned goals
You likely have a bachelor’s degree in graphic design, communication design, or a related field. This is not required; your awesome design portfolio and resume will show us your design chops.
About the Company
Cascade Energy, founded in 1993, specializes in industrial energy efficiency. Our work reaches throughout the Pacific Northwest and across North America, with clients ranging in size from small up to Fortune 500 companies. We are proud of our reputation for stellar, high quality work. We foster and value a culture of equals, initiative, and ownership. Contribution in all areas is encouraged. Cascade has offices in Portland, OR; Eugene, OR; Issaquah, WA; Walla Walla, WA; Pleasant Grove, UT; Meridian, ID; Park Ridge, IL; Pleasanton, CA; and San Diego, CA.
At Cascade Energy, we believe in better. We come to work every day with a drive for continuous improvement and we dedicate ourselves to making industrial energy efficiency happen in smart, measurable, and sustained ways. We are always thinking about new ways to make things happen and achieve results. We offer energy efficiency program design and implementation, energy efficiency engineering, energy management services and software, and hands-on training and coaching.
Apply Via Email