Freelance Graphic Designer 7 January 2019
Brave New Day is on the hunt for a creative, thoughtful, efficient and expeditious graphic designer for ongoing freelance work, with the possibility for growth. Our ideal candidate has experience in brand design as well as print, digital, and/or environmental production design. Must know how to communicate clearly, present ideas well, and weave excellence out of thin air. MUST be self-motivated and have a passionate attention to detail. Needs to possess top-notch professionalism and time management skills, especially amid a fluid ever-changing creative environment. It’s vital to be able to balance the needs and goals of the client with those of BND, and to maintain a positive atmosphere throughout it all.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Following creative direction to produce multiple options for compelling results in both print and digital deliverables, on time and within budget
- Collaborating fluidly with creative team on ideation, exploration, concept development, and final execution in both print and digital deliverables
- Following creative direction to create multiple size and venue formats for prescribed creative applications quickly and in a highly organized fashion.
- Maintaining consistent communication with Account Director to ensure that all milestones and expectations are being met within scope boundaries
- Supporting design team in general, including brand research, strategy assessment, stock photo searches, etc.
- Self-tracking time for hourly billing to BND
Key Requirements and Essential Skills:
- Minimum one year experience in graphic design, with demonstrated results in both print and digital visual communications
- Proven expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
- Demonstrated brand identity design is preferred
- Demonstrated high degree of proficiency in typography is essential
- Local to Portland metro area, with ability to work in our office Monday through Friday as needed, as well as meet at various times throughout the work week, both with creative team and clients.
- Must have strong organizational skills and hold a strong overview of the project and take responsibility for key elements
- Approach work with an open, flexible outlook and a focus on best results
- Calmness and coolness in the face of ever-changing timelines and deliverable details within strict global deadlines and scope/budget
Apply Via Email
Apply Via Web