Corporate Graphic Production Designer 22 October 2019
About this Opportunity
- Do you love designing and iterating for one brand (and sub-brands)?
- Do you have an interest and skills in typography?
- Do you like to organize design assets and be the librarian of logos, photography and marketing materials?
- Do you have an amazing design portfolio to showcase your talents?
If you answered “yes!”, we would like to talk with you about this design opportunity!
We are seeking an in-house, corporate Graphic Production Designer to support the overall marketing and design activities of our Customer Engagement (aka sales and marketing!) team. You’ll work under the direction of our Creative Director to create communication materials and marketing collateral for both Cascade and our customers. You’ll be in charge of developing and improving systems and processes for managing projects, creative assets and communication templates across a wide variety of multidisciplinary teams.
This is a full-time non-exempt position in our Portland, Oregon headquarters.
Cascade Energy, founded in 1993, specializes in industrial energy efficiency. Today, we are a team of 160 and our work reaches throughout the Pacific Northwest and across North America, with clients ranging in size from small up to Fortune 500 companies. We are proud of our reputation and our high-quality work. We foster and value a culture of equals, initiative, and ownership. Contribution in all areas is encouraged. Cascade has offices in Portland, OR; Eugene, OR; Issaquah, WA; Walla Walla, WA; Pleasant Grove, UT; Meridian, ID; Park Ridge, IL; Pleasanton, CA; and San Diego, CA.
At Cascade Energy, we believe in better. We come to work every day with a drive for continuous improvement and we dedicate ourselves to making industrial energy efficiency happen in measurable and sustained ways. We offer energy efficiency program design and implementation, energy efficiency engineering, energy management services and software, and hands-on training and coaching.
Our teams are a reflection of our company values, which are: do the right thing; put others first; seek shared success; learn constantly; and be industrious.
You’ll likely find this opportunity attractive if you love to iterate and improve upon brand designs, want to be part of a busy design team, and want to be part of a company that embraces growth mindset and is always striving for “better”.
As a part of our team, the most important qualifications are shared values, a customer-centric approach, and an aptitude for learning. This is a multi-faceted marketing and design support role, with opportunity to contribute in the following key areas:
- Contribute to the development and design of marketing collateral, presentation materials, proposals, educational curricula, photography, and videos.
- Assist with the production of graphics (maps, graphs, charts, images, etc.) to be included in marketing collateral and other internally and externally facing materials.
- Using Office 365, create custom templates to use for reporting, tracking projects and communicating within the company and for our customers.
Design Administration and Organization
- Maintain and improve the team’s workload tracking system.
- Support and coordinate the design process and suggest ideas for improvement.
- Organize files for projects in progress and maintain the internal library of current assets.
- Update list of all relevant project codes for billing and tracking purposes.
Attributes that will contribute to success in this role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills paired with a commitment to providing superior customer service.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, and a desire to keep our design and marketing efforts efficient and effective.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team with staff at every level of the company.
- Ability to meet rigid deadlines by establishing timelines and adhering to them.
- Ability to juggle multiple, concurrent priorities and communicate with others—particularly the Creative Director—about the status of each.
- Ability to coordinate multiple contributors to a single work product and to achieve consistent quality and timely completion.
- A friendly, collaborative demeanor combined with the ability to move projects forward and get things done.
- Ability to proactively and independently identify opportunities to improve systems and tools and develop effective solutions.
- Strict attention to detail.
- A basic understanding of the fundamentals, principles, and process of graphic design.
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Lightroom, as well as the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint in particular) and/or the ability to become proficient quickly.
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
Compensation & Benefits
Our total rewards include competitive pay and excellent benefits. These include health (90% paid for team member, 80% paid for dependents), vision, FSA or HSA options with an employer contribution, life insurance, short and long term disability insurance, 401k retirement plan with both a guaranteed 3% contribution and a profit sharing contribution, annual cash performance bonus, (8) paid holidays per year, paid vacation time, and paid sick time.
Our team enjoys a flexible work schedule in a professional yet casual environment in the historic Eastside Exchange building, surrounded by windows with great views. We are close to transit and provide a free, annual Tri-Met Pass, indoor bike storage, plus locker rooms with showers. Cascade promotes a healthy work-life balance and appreciates employee contribution in all areas. We walk the talk about our commitment to learning constantly, with a focus on the ongoing development of every team member, and a tuition reimbursement program.
Cascade Energy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cascade Energy complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Cascade Energy expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, marital status, or veteran status. Violation of this policy will result in disciplinary action, up to and including immediate termination.
Cascade Energy is committed to a drug-free workplace. Offers of employment are contingent on passing a pre-employment drug screen.
Cascade Energy follows the U.S. law that requires us to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States – either U.S. citizens, or foreign citizens who have the necessary authorization. To this end, we use the E-Verify system provided by the U.S. Dept. of Homeland Security.
Cascade Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by Cascade, or (c) consistent with Cascade’s legal duty to furnish information
Apply Via Web