Community Engagement & Social Media 11 December 2018
Community Engagement & Social Media
Reports to: Marketing Specialist
- To utilize Community Partnerships, Social Media and Events to fulfill
Pro Photo Supply’s mission:
“To assist our community in the pursuit of the art, the craft, the profession, and the joy of still and motion photography”.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Be part of the Marketing Team whose purpose is to promote Pro Photo Supply as a company that is committed to providing an exceptional customer experience, building long-term customer relationships and providing community support.
- Ensure consistency of voice and messaging across all mediums.
- Act as a frontline brand ambassador by interacting with customers and fans on various social media platforms.
- Act as a liaison across the internet: participating in online conversations by answering questions, offering solutions and mediating conversations; and creating content for feeds and sparking discussion on various social networking sites.
- Follow photography news and stay up-to-date on new product releases.
- Identify, solicit, evaluate, negotiate, and coordinate partnership prospects, including the responsibilities and benefits for each party.
- Ensure that partnerships are aligned with Pro Photo Supply’s mission, vision and core values.
- Be a voice and face of the company on-line and at public events.
- Publicize partnership activities and information by utilizing social media, email, company web site and in-store visuals.
- Communicate partnership activities internally; to keep awareness high of activities the company is involved in.
- Track results and create recap reports.
- Act as a liaison between Partnerships and all Pro Photo Supply departments.
- Responsible for the execution of strategic social media and digital initiatives including viral marketing campaigns as well as integrating interactive media into the overall business strategy.
- Assist in coordinating the social media calendar with all marketing and sales activity.
- Create daily posts in brand voice across multiple social media platforms.
- Partner with other department teams to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy. Provide feedback to these teams to capitalize on potential sales opportunities.
- Responsible for participation in the analysis of social media trends and their impact on the brand.
- Solicit and curate user-generated social and web content.
- Create monthly social and event analytic reports for review.
- Coordination with the Marketing Specialist and the leaders of other departments to create, plan and execute events; both in-store and off-site.
- Establish relationships with event vendors.
- Craft written and visual event content for promotion both before and during events
- Work with department supervisors to establish staffing levels and arrange scheduling for events.
- Work with the rest of the Marketing & Creative Department to drive event attendance.
- Attend events as needed and act as point person for event operations.
- Work with the rest of the Marketing Team to maximize the impact of events through creative execution, collection of new customer contact information, media opportunities and sales follow-up opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good sense of humor, a positive attitude and outgoing personality.
- Education or work experience in Communications, Marketing, Design, Photography or Filmmaking.
- Experience in Social Media management in a business setting.
- Experience in blogging/internet writing, journalism, public relations or online marketing.
- Engaged and connected in the Photo, Video, communications and/or filmmaking community.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and problem solve.
- Familiarity with, WordPress, or other CMS, CSS and HTML a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop and InDesign.
- Knowledge of social media posting strategies, trends and platform capabilities.
- An understanding of the importance of Corporate Social Responsibility and Shared Value.
- Ability to thrive and work effectively as part of a diverse team as well as collaboratively with cross-functional teams to build brand equity.
- Knowledge of the Portland culture, institutions and activities is a plus.
- Flexible schedule. Able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Technical knowledge of cameras and related equipment a plus.
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 25lbs. including tables, equipment cases and camera gear.
Employee Development, Training and Mentoring
- Seek out information and learning opportunities in areas relating to the company’s business.
- Participate in the Performance Review process, including setting and achieving goals.
- Share your knowledge and expertise with new employees.
- Stay abreast of industry developments.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Provide a customer experience that exceeds expectations for customer service and product knowledge. Make customers, not just sales.
- Increase the store’s customer base by adding new customers to the email list.
- Attend company and departmental meetings.
- Do your part to create and maintain a positive and cooperative store atmosphere.
- Read and understand the Pro Photo Supply Employee Handbook, Mission Statement, Vision Statement and Core Values.
Apply Via Email